Join us Tuesday, May 28 for your choice of one of four great pre-conference afternoon workshops or the all-day CFRE Refresher Course.
- Capital Campaigns
- Grant Writing
- Planned Giving
- Fundraising 101
- CFRE Refresher Course
Six Amazing Internationally Renowned Speakers
On Wednesday, May 29, we'll have an all-new format featuring great keynotes from six of the leading experts in fundraising from around the world, including:
- Anna Barber — From Zero to $300M: Raising the Private Philanthropic Support to Build the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture — A Perfect Blend of the Art and Science of Fundraising
Anna Barber is President and Principal Consultant for Barber & Associates, a boutique fundraising consulting firm. Previously worked with the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C., as a Senior Individual Giving Officer.
- Marcy Heim — Invest in JOY! — Unleashing a Lifestyle of Generosity
For over twenty years, Marcy Heim has created artful, authentic, and life-long major giving relationships at the University of Wisconsin.
- Simone P. Joyaux — Simone: UNCENSORED & UNPLUGGED
Simone P. Joyaux is a blogger, consultant, founder of two organizations, regularly serves on boards, and a former chair of CFRE International.
- Tim Kachuriak — Optimize Your Fundraising: What We Learned About What Works (and What Doesn't) From Over 1,400 Online Experiments
Tim Kachuriak is founder and Chief Innovation and Optimization Officer for NextAfter, a research and consulting firm that works with businesses, nonprofits and NGOs to help them grow their resource capacity.
- Dr. Adrian Sargeant — Relationship Fundraising 3.0: Using Philanthropic Psychology To Double Giving
Adrian Sargeant is Director of the Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy at the University of and Adjunct Professor of Philanthropy at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University where he was the first Hartsook Chair in Fundraising.
- Daryl Upsall — Fundraising Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges in a Changing World
CEO of both Daryl Upsall Consulting International and Daryl Upsall & Associates, he has more than 35 years' experience of successfully founding and managing fundraising, communications and advocacy operations for over 230 nonprofit organizations in some 62 countries. He is known for his international leadership and innovation in fundraising and his role as an international ambassador for the fundraising profession.
The Wednesday schedule includes inspiring presentations by all six speakers, breakfast and lunch, a massive marketplace of sponsors and exhibitors, networking with more than 600 fellow fundraisers, and an unforgettable experience in the Lone Star State!
Join Our Planning Committee
Sign up now to serve on the 2019 DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference Planning Committee. Please email Conference Chair
or Conference Co-Chair
to let them know on which of the following committees you would like to serve.
- PR / Marketing — including photography, social media
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- VIP Party
- Guest Relations
You will be contacted with dates and times of planning meetings. Thank you for serving your AFP chapter and your profession as a member of the DFW Philanthropy in Action Conference Planning Committee.